Thursday, January 6, 2011

January 6, 2011

Ezra 6
There are many times when I have experienced great joy, graduations, my wedding day, the birth of my children, the weddings of my sons. I could go on and on. But one expects joy on those days. One peculiar time stands out in my mind. It was a time where I had been through great disappointment. Yet in the midst of that disappointment, I chose to worship Him with all of my heart, soul and strength. When I did, He flooded me with His joy. The disappointment and pain were still present, yet His joy continued to flood my soul. What a paradox!
Wow, once again the Lord moves upon the heart of the pagan King to establish His temple and His people. Twenty years after their return, they finish the temple. They celebrate the Passover. Look at verse 22: “And they kept the Feast of Unleavened Bread seven days with joy; for the LORD made them joyful, and turned the heart of the king of Assyria toward them, to strengthen their hands in the work of the house of God, the God of Israel.“ The LORD made them joyful. That is the wonderful thing about knowing the LORD is that when we are obedient, He makes us joyful. It can be the worst of circumstances, yet when we are obedient, He makes us joyful. Thank you Lord for your joy! It is indeed part of your glory! Indeed we serve a glorious King! Speak His glory to someone today!
--Pastor john

No comments:

Post a Comment