Friday, August 6, 2010

August 6, 2010

Judges 20

There is justice in the instance when there seems to be no justice. This has to be among the grossest stories told in the Bible. There was no king in those days to execute justice. The tribe of Benjamin refused to bring forth justice for the concubine. I say justice for the concubine because the husband certainly was not righteous. So God brought forth justice. The Lord defeated Benjamin before Israel. Yes justice was served. There was no mercy. As a whole, the tribe protected the evil rapists and murderers. As a whole, the tribe was almost destroyed because of its unwillingness to execute justice. What would have happened had the tribe been willing to execute justice and the guilty men repentantly begged for mercy?

I never ask for justice for myself from God. If God gave me justice outside of Christ, He would kill me. Instead, I ask for his unfailing loving kindness. He gives it abundantly. His justice has been abundantly shown in my case as well. He poured it out upon Jesus upon the cross. Now that is glory, only glory that He should have. Indeed we serve a glorious King. Speak His glory to someone today!

--Pastor john

Romans 8:22-39

I long for the day when my body is redeemed—no more muscle aches, intestinal cramps, headaches, fevers, pulled muscles, broken bones, arthritis, back pain, toothaches. But more than the physical pain, I long for the day when I will be conformed to His image. Indeed, the whole creation longs for that day. Until that day we live in a foreign land. C.S. Lewis called it living behind enemy lines. As we live in enemy territory, He takes every work of the enemy and causes it to eventually work together for us for our good, namely to conform us to His image. There is no work of the enemy that can separate us from His love. His love for us is His motivation to conform us to His image. His glory is seen in each circumstance of our lives that we dislike or like, because He is using them to conform us into His image! Indeed we serve a glorious King! Speak His glory to someone today!

--Pastor John

No comments:

Post a Comment