Monday, August 30, 2010

August 29

1 Corinthians 10:19-33
“The earth is the Lord’s and all its fullness.” Paul quotes Psalm 24:1. He quotes it twice. It must be a significant thought, if he repeats it. The earth is full of beauty. He created it. The earth is also full of pain and suffering. Does that belong to Him as well? Well, yes. Does that mean He is the author of pain and suffering? He is the righteous judge. Pain and suffering are a result of His curse upon the earth because of the sin of Adam and Eve. We agreed with that sin and joined them when we became old enough to sin. So no, He is not the author of pain and suffering, He is the judge of it.
So where is the glory of Christ in this? As I walk through life, I am to be looking for His glory. My job is to reflect His glory. Anything that diminishes His glory, I should avoid. Anything that exalts His glory I should embrace. Whatever I do, do it to His glory. Indeed we serve a glorious King! Speak His glory to someone today!
--Pastor John

No comments:

Post a Comment