Tuesday, March 6, 2012

March 6

Psalm 65
“Praise is awaiting You, O God, in Zion.” What in the world does that mean? Zion of course is the place where the temple was eventually built. But this Psalm is written by David prior to the building of the temple. At David’s time Zion was the Jebusite stronghold which David conquered and turned into his own city. It was now David’s royal city, his residence. He was waiting for the presence of God in order to bring Him praise. He gladly begins to recount the praise that He will bring to Yahweh when He shows up. So Zion is simply the place where Yahweh’s people dwell. His people should ever be ready to bring Him praise.
What kind of things does David say concerning the praise of his Lord? He hears our prayer. Can you imagine that the Almighty has the capacity to hear the simultaneous prayers of billions of people and still treat each one as if his prayer was the only prayer offered? I am awestruck. He provides atonement. Can you imagine that with all the horrible sins I have committed that He offered up Himself as the satisfactory payment for my sin? I am aghast! He satisfies us with His goodness. In those times when the enemy comes in like a flood, He calms my soul with His precious sense of well-being even in light of atrocities around me. I am flabbergasted! He is powerful. Can I even begin to understand the height and depth and length and width of His power? I am overwhelmed! He brings rain and the growth of crops. What more can I say? These are just small glimpses of His glory. ? Indeed we serve a glorious King! Speak His glory to someone today!
--Pastor John

No comments:

Post a Comment