Wednesday, March 14, 2012

March 14

Psalm 73
A lot of things happen that I do not understand. It is normal to see those who are wholly devoted to walking in the ways of the world become ‘successful.’ This is also true in the American church. Those who compromise the Word of God seem to prosper very much. Like the Psalmist, I sometimes wonder whether I am walking in the right direction. Is it really worth it? The Psalmist was about to conclude, “No, it is not worth it,” until he came into the sanctuary. In the sanctuary he was able to regain his bearings. In the sanctuary he was confronted with the glory of the Eternal God. This earth is but a moment before the Eternal God. The sanctuary was where the Glory dwelt. Outside of the sanctuary we become impressed with the beauties of this world. Outside of the sanctuary our memories of His great glory fade. Outside of the sanctuary our wills soften. Outside of the sanctuary we begin to conform to this world. Outside of the sanctuary we fail to sense that we are on slippery ground-like first time skaters on an ice rink. Outside of the sanctuary I become like an unreasoning beast. But when I come back in the sanctuary, I regain my bearings. When I step back outside after gazing upon His glory in the Sanctuary, I find that He is holding me up in the slippery ice rink of the world, and He never lets go. Consequently, it is good to regularly draw near to Him in the sanctuary to regain my view of His glory, to know that He is walking with me outside. After a life walking with Him, He will receive me into His glory. Can it get any better than this? ! Indeed we serve a glorious King! Speak His glory to someone today!
--Pastor John

No comments:

Post a Comment