Friday, October 29, 2010

October 29, 2010

2 Kings 10

Is it possible to see some of the glory of God and be used as a major instrument in accomplishing His will and yet not have a relationship with Him? The history of the Bible cries out, “Yes!” The obvious ones are men like Pharaoh and Cyrus. But they never made any pretense about being on Yahweh’s side. Then there are men like Jehu. He slaughters the worshippers of Baal as no other man had done, including Elijah. God even commended him for it and promised his descendants to retain the throne to the fourth generation. Yet we find these sentences concerning him:

He did not however, destroy the gold calves at Bethel and Dan, the great sin that Jeroboam son of Nebat had led Israel to commit. . . But Jehu did not obey the law of the Lord, the God of Israel, with all his heart. He refused to turn from the sins of idolatry that Jeroboam had led Israel to commit.



Is it possible that I could be like Jehu? Could I see glimpses of the glory? Could I be obedient to the Lord in a major work in my culture? Could I be commended even by the Lord for that work? Could I do all these things and still not know Him? If the example of Jehu is the answer, then I think the answer is, “Yes.” How can I prevent being like Jehu? The answer is simple. I simply throw myself on the mercies of God. Everyday I will seek to gaze at His glory and spiritually eat at His table. I will plead with Him, as did Moses, “Lord, show me your glory. . . Do not send me out unless your presence goes with me.” Indeed we serve a glorious King. Speak His glory to someone today!

--Pastor john

2 Timothy 3

It is the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ that we should experience persecutions similar to His and to come through them triumphantly! His Word is able to make us strong for those situations. His Word is perfect. He was able to work in and through the writers of Scripture so that everything they wrote on the one hand perfectly voiced what Jesus wanted said and yet on the other hand their personalities and human qualities are apparent in their writing. Every single word that they wrote is the perfect word of God, the word of our Lord Jesus Christ. Because of that Jesus is able to use the Word in us to teach us what is true, to reprove us when we are wrong, to show us how to be right again, to instruct us in the right way to walk in life. The Lord Jesus is able to use His word and His power to equip us for every good work that He desires to do in us. Let persecution come! We have the glory and beauty of our Lord to equip us and empower us! Indeed we serve a glorious King! Speak His glory to someone today!

--Pastor John

No comments:

Post a Comment