Monday, June 21, 2010

June 21, 2010

June 21, 2010 Deuteronomy 26
I was dying, indeed dead, in my sin. My enemy was dancing in victory over me. I was without hope and lost. But Jesus came. He took my sin upon Himself. He died taking the penalty of my sin. He rose on the third day. He embraced me in His death. He held me in His resurrection. He led me out of Hell with a mighty and outstretched hand. He broke the power of my enemy over me. He gave hope and freedom. I now know where I am and in a real sense where I am going. I have claimed a kingdom that He has won. He has invited me to live here. No, it is not a land upon this earth. It is a spiritual land, a land flowing with milk and honey. There is no lack here. I possess it right now. There are giants in this land. At times I have thought them to be overwhelming. But they are not. I have His victory. My physical wealth is immaterial for I am spiritually rich beyond imagination. If I can share anything of value with you, it is this. I choose to want and desire only His glory. If I can share that with you, I will have given you riches beyond compare. Do I believe this? Do you believe this? That is what this chapter is all about. Indeed we serve a glorious King. Speak His glory to someone today!
--Pastor john

Acts 5:17-42
Wow! one miracle after another just keeps happening! The Apostles are arrested. The Lord sends an angel to set them free during the night and tells them to go back to the temple to preach the Word of Christ. And they do it! I don't know about you, but in my flesh, if I had been arrested for the second time, I might question the wisdom of this plan of action, after all, these people had crucified the Lord of Glory. Couldn't there be another town that needs to hear about His glory? But then, when you are consumed with the glory of your Lord who is a glorious King, what a privilege it would be to go back to those who had jailed you and who probably could not figure out how you escaped, to preach the good news of your glorious Lord to them! Gamaliel's advice was well given. He didn't know how the Apostles escaped. He suspected God's hand. The glory was shining so brightly that it almost forced him to see what he did not wish to see. At times, even the glory of God cannot be seen when we do not wish to see it.
The Apostles were beaten for preaching the name of Jesus. They rejoiced that they were counted worthy to suffer for His name. Why? It was because they were consumed with the glory of their King! He is a King who keeps sending His messengers to those who hate Him. He continually holds out His arms to receive those who hate Him. And He gives us the privilege to be His arms! Indeed our King is a glorious King! Speak His glory to someone today!
--Pastor John

No comments:

Post a Comment