Monday, June 7, 2010

June 2, 2010

John 13:1-20
Note in this passage that Jesus knew:
1. that His hour to die had come,
2. that the devil had put it into Judas' heart to betray Him.
3. that the Father had given Him all things
4. that He had come from God
5. that He was going to God
John makes it clear that Jesus loved His own to the very end. The clear implication of John is that Jesus' acts in the next 24 hours are all deliberate acts in the full knowledge of what was about to happen and were motivated by love. I conclude at least three things 1) Jesus knew all the circumstances of the situations into which He entered. 2) Jesus still loved Judas 3) Jesus is secure in who He is and what He possesses.
I see some clear implications for me. He knows all the circumstances of the situations into which I enter. Nothing happens to me of which He does not already have full knowledge. I can do nothing, good or evil, of which He does not already have full knowledge. He loves me still. He is secure in spite of who I am and what I possess. Jesus loves me. This I know. He serves me in spite of who I am and what I have done. He has washed my feet. He calls me to be as He is. He calls me to do as He does. What a glorious Lord! The Lord Jesus is indeed glorious. Speak His glory to someone else today.
--Pastor John

No comments:

Post a Comment