Tuesday, February 8, 2011

February 8, 2011

Job 7
Sometimes our circumstances are so bad that it is almost impossible to cease focusing upon them in order to focus on our glorious Lord. Job is there. Man, these are powerful words which Job speaks to God:
19 How long?
Will You not look away from me,
And let me alone till I swallow my saliva?
20 Have I sinned?
What have I done to You, O watcher of men?
Why have You set me as Your target,
So that I am a burden to myself?
21 Why then do You not pardon my transgression,
And take away my iniquity?
For now I will lie down in the dust,
And You will seek me diligently,
But I will no longer be.
Have you ever felt like saying that to God? You are unusual if you haven’t. He felt like God was picking on him. It was so bad that it hurt even to swallow, and Job thought that it was God’s design. He felt as if the piercing gaze of God was upon him bringing him his misfortune. Notice that he thought that God was not forgiving, “Why don’t you pardon my transgression?” Many of us wrestle with the same issues. We live in the shadow of condemnation, never realizing that we can be free of condemnation. The circumstance may be the result of living in a fallen world but not our direct sin. But we can’t shake the condemnation. Hmmm…
The truth is yes, the circumstance may be the result of our sin, but forgiveness is always obtainable if we will repent and believe. Job’s circumstance was not the direct result of his sin. Indeed, his circumstance was more a result of his righteousness than his sin. Our circumstance may or may not be the result of sin, but there is no reason to wallow in a feeling of condemnation. Our Lord is so glorious that he will forgive if we come to Him. We are still 35 chapters from the end, but when Job finally sees the glory of the Lord, he can only shut his mouth. The glory of the Lord was far greater than he could have ever imagined! It made his pain worth it all. Indeed we serve a glorious King! Speak His glory to someone today!
--Pastor john

No comments:

Post a Comment