Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February 1, 2011

Esther 9-10
What is there of the glory of the Lord Jesus Christ here in this story? Perhaps, on a literal level, it is that the Lord provided deliverance to His people through Mordecai and Esther. On symbolic level, is it not that when we needed protection from our enemies, our Lord came and became flesh to redeem us from the curse of law and deliver us from the hand of the enemy. He has come and crushed the head of our enemy, Satan, the serpent of the Garden. He will soon crush him completely under our feet. It may be at the end of our lives, but he will do it!
If I were a believer living in Egypt on this day in time, how would this passage speak to me? Egypt at this moment is undergoing much political instability right now. As a result, much violence and theft is being committed. Some of it is directed at Christians by Muslim fundamentalists. If I were a believer experiencing these problems, how would this passage speak to me? I would need to live with the realization that Jesus will one day bring justice. I might not see it in my life time, but He will one day execute justice upon the earth. Until then I must be willing to lay down all that is in my life for His glory. I must cling to the future promise. But I am not a believer living in Egypt. Yet that same attitude must drive my life here and now. I will lay down all that is in my life for His glory. Indeed we serve a glorious King! Speak His glory to someone today!
--Pastor john

No comments:

Post a Comment