Thursday, September 1, 2011

September 1

Ezekiel 31 Learn from the sins of others. The glory of God is that He warns us to learn from the sins of others. Assyria was at one time the world power. She dominated even Egypt at times. She had, as the Scriptures say, become rich and luxuriant. She was powerful. But in her fierce wrath against other nations, she eventually developed enough enemies that they began to chip away at her strength. In 606 B.C. the last Assyrian king fell fighting the Scythians. Nabopolassar, the viceroy of Babylon had joined the northern invaders against Assyria. Realizing the power void in the North, Pharaoh Necho took his army north to meet Nabopolassar at Carchemesh. Josiah, the last good king of Judah, opposed Necho’s march through Israel. Necho killed Josiah. Pharaoh should have learned from Assyria. He did not. Pharaoh, and Egypt, was doomed. Do I learn from the sins of others. The Lord often warns through the discipline of others, but do I learn from it? It is human nature to think that I am not like someone else. Lord help me to hear You in the fabric of life. When I see your discipline in others, enable me to take to heart the lesson there and learn from it. Show me Your glory! Indeed, we serve a glorious King! Speak His glory to someone today!--Pastor john

No comments:

Post a Comment