Sunday, August 7, 2011

August 7

Ezekiel 6
Ever been in a romance that went bad? Perhaps it was a boyfriend or girlfriend whom you really liked, but they decided that they did not want you anymore? Perhaps it was a marital mate. Perhaps it was a good friendship that went sour. Remember the anger? Even more, there was the feeling of being crushed by their rejection. Is it not strange that we should refer to the beginning stage of a romance as a ‘crush’ and to the breakup of a romance as being crushed by it?
I do not find the anger of the Lord to be surprising when we reject Him. After all, He is the perfect One. To reject Him is to reject perfection. It’s just, wrong. But do you ever stop to consider that He is ‘crushed’ by our idolatry? In verse 9 the NKJV says, “I was crushed by their adulterous heart which has departed from Me, and by their eyes which play the harlot after their idols.” The Lord of Heaven says that he is emotionally wounded by our adulterous heart! That is hard to understand. That is part of His glory. That is a facet of His love which I must grasp, but I don’t grasp it. Have you ever heard Him say, “I am crushed by your adulterous heart, your sin?” Lord, change my adulterous heart so that I might be pure only for You! Give me eyes only for You! Indeed, we serve a glorious King! Speak His glory to someone today!
--Pastor john

No comments:

Post a Comment