Monday, August 22, 2011

August 22

Ezekiel 21
“Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.” So goes the well known hyperbolic saying of epic proportions. I don’t know. I have never experienced it. But I would agree with this, “Hell is the fury of God scorned.” Fury is sometimes defined as destructive rage. God describes Himself as exhibiting fury when He judges and destroys Jerusalem. Listen to verse 17, “I also will beat My fists together, And I will cause My fury to rest; I, the LORD, have spoken.” There has to be something glorious about the fury of the Lord. On that fateful day when the Lord casts Satan into the Lake of fire, I think we will all be shouting, “Glory!” We will all be joyous when the would-be usurper of the throne of the Universe is finally put out of action forever! If God does not do this someday, then He is not just. Fury against sin must be!
He must rule over what He has created, or He is impotent and not worthy praise. Thus we will one day shout with joy, “Overthrown, overthrown, He has made it overthrown! He whose right it is has come, and the Father has given it to Him. The destruction of Jerusalem is just a microcosm of that greater judgment which He will bring, and it is glorious! Indeed, we serve a glorious King! Speak His glory to someone today!
--Pastor john

No comments:

Post a Comment