Monday, June 6, 2011

June 6

Jeremiah 1
I understand that there is a so-called evangelical theologian today who teaches that God does not know the future. That is a pretty bold statement. That would imply that time is not a creation of God. It would also demand that many of the clear statements of Scripture would have to be creatively reinterpreted. Consider Jeremiah’s call to ministry: “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.” If God does not know and control the future, then such statements are meaningless. Not only does God know the future, but in Jeremiah’s case, He sends Jeremiah into an impossible situation and promises to deliver him through the situation! Sure enough, the future turned out exactly as God promised.
What does that tell me about my life? God has called us to trust Him with our futures. For some of us our futures will be a bit more pleasant that others of us. But in all cases, for those of us who trust Him, He will deliver us through the situation. That is the glory of our Lord. Indeed we serve a glorious King! Speak His glory to someone today!
--Pastor john

No comments:

Post a Comment