Monday, September 27, 2010

September 26, 2010

Galatians 5
When we are in Christ, we have true liberty. That liberty is worked out in our lives by walking in His Spirit. I walked by my potted plant the other day. It had jumped out of its pot. The pot was turned upside down. Potting soil was everywhere. The roots had been damaged, so had some of the limbs and leaves. I picked it up and began the process of putting it all back together and I said, “You silly plant. What happened so that you would jump out of your pot and do all this destruction?’
The plant told me, “Master, I wanted so much to bear fruit and I wasn’t. I needed to get some new soil and to rid myself of the restrictions of the pot. I was hoping that in doing so, I would then be able to bear the fruit I wanted.
“You silly plant,” I said, “I put you in that soil and that pot. I will give you everything you need to produce the fruit you were designed to produce. Stay in the pot and you will eventually produce all that you desire to produce—in the fullness of time.”
Walking in the Spirit is like that. We must focus on the glory of the Lord Jesus Christ. Doing so, we stay in the soil. We stay in the pot. We eventually produce the fruit we were designed to produce. And it is all to His glory. He made it as simple as abiding in the pot, in Him. Gazing at His glory we are changed into His glory. It is something He does. It brings glory to Him. Indeed we serve a glorious King! Speak His glory to someone today!
--Pastor John

No comments:

Post a Comment