Friday, July 22, 2011

July 22

Jeremiah 47
The Philistine city areas of Gaza and Ashkelon were ancient enemies of Israel. Jeremiah pronounces their just judgment for their history of defying the Lord. An eight-hundred-year history of opposition is now finally avenged. Indeed, the Lord is longsuffering. “O you, sword of the Lord, how long until you are quiet? , , , How can it be quiet seeing the Lord has given it a charge?” Clearly this passage proclaims the justice and faithfulness of the Lord. Clearly, Lord, You are longsuffering! But do not let me presume upon Your longsuffering such that I should, by my own imaginations, think that I will escape your judgments. You are faithful! I can only escape your judgments as I die with your Son upon the cross and am raised to walk in newness of life with Him! Keep me from self deception so that I may sow the crucified life and reap the life of the Spirit! O Longsuffering One, how I need Your Spirit! Indeed we serve a glorious King! Speak His glory to someone today!
--Pastor john

No comments:

Post a Comment