Monday, March 7, 2011

March 7, 2011

Job 36
What do I learn about God’s glory from Elihu’s speech in this chapter? I learn that God is righteous (v.3). I learn that He does not take his eyes off of me (v.7). I learn that wrath is stored up for the hypocrite (v.13). Storing implies a release for a future date. I do not know that release date. It could be soon; it could be after death. I learn that God is exalted by His power (v.22). I learn that I should magnify God’s work (v. 24).
Like Job at times we are tempted to believe that God is not righteous. If God is righteous, then how can He allow. . . But then, we know that He is righteous, so does that mean He has not seen what I think is unrighteous? As the omniscient One, His eyes must always be upon me. If He is always righteous, and His eyes are always upon me, then does that mean that He is somehow powerless? Maybe then His wrath against unrighteousness is just being stored for a future date, perhaps a date after my death. With these things in mind, I must focus on the greatness of His power, lest I lose hope while not seeing it in action now. But Jesus has died because of the wrath of God against sin. His mighty power has released me from having to suffer the penalty of His wrath; although, He would be justified in releasing His wrath against me had He not poured it out upon Jesus upon the cross. And now He actually enables me to not sin, an ability I did not have before I received Him! Indeed His power is great! Indeed we serve a glorious King! Speak His glory to someone today!
--Pastor john

No comments:

Post a Comment