Saturday, July 17, 2010

July 17, 2010

July 17, 2010 Joshua 24
It is part of His glory to give. He gave the Israelites a land for which they did not labor, and cities which they did not build, and they dwelt in them; they ate of vineyards and olive groves which they did not plant. He has given me righteousness which I did not earn, a name which I do not deserve and love which is beyond imagination. What have the gods of this world given me? They have given me lies, deceptions, false promises, broken hopes. Which God should I serve? Shouldn’t that be a no-brainer? I will serve my King who gives so magnificently and loves so wondrously. That is my King! Indeed we serve a glorious King. Speak His glory to someone today!

--Pastor john

Acts 20:17-38

I see the glory of Christ in the life of Paul that he recounts to the Ephesian elders. The Lord Jesus Christ took a man, who believed that he could obtain the righteousness of the law by doing it, who believed that Jesus was a liar and who believed that all followers of Jesus must be stopped—if necessary by imprisonment or death. The Lord Jesus Christ took that man and totally changed him. In seeing the glory of Christ Paul

Loved Jesus preeminently.
Served Jesus humbly. (19)
Proclaimed Jesus passionately. (20,21,27)
Followed the call of the Holy Spirit exclusively. (23,24)
Challenged others to follow the same call. (28-32)
Earned his living to serve Jesus selflessly. (33-35)
Prayed for others constantly. (36-37)
How could this happen? Only because of the great glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. Indeed we serve a glorious King! Speak His glory to someone today!

--Pastor john

No comments:

Post a Comment