Monday, November 5, 2012

November 3

Psalm 124 We always wanted Steve on our side. When dividing up sides in grade school for football or baseball, it was always advantageous to have him on our side. He was strong, athletic and fast. Usually, whichever side had Steve was the side which won. What a contrast to myself. I remember clearly times in ninth grade basketball when we would divide up sides to scrimmage; a groan was usually let loose by the team when they found that I was to be appointed to their side. Anyway, it was always good to be on the side of the talented and able guys. Isn’t it good to know that we can be on the Lord’s side? I want the Creator of Heaven and earth to be on my side when I am in the midst of a Hurricane Sandy. Then I know that I will either come through it victoriously, or I will be heaven with Him. No flood or wave can defeat me. No emotional turmoil will overcome me. Yes, it will be hard, but He will save me. After all, His very name, Jesus, means Yahweh saves. I will hide in His name, because there I will find salvation! If He can make heaven and earth, He can save me. Indeed we serve a glorious King! Speak His glory to someone today! --Pastor john

No comments:

Post a Comment