Monday, April 2, 2012

April 2

Psalm 92
“I will triumph in the works of Your hands.” Is this a hope of victory because of the works of His h!nds, or is this a statement of ecstatic joy because of the works of His hands? And the answer is, “Yes.” Verse seven indicates that the psalmist’s enemies are alive and well. Verses 8-9 indicate that psalmist is resting in the overwhelming high-eternal power of the Lord. Because of the bedrock knowledge of that power, he has a hope of a future victory. Because of that knowledge, he has joy now.
What is that knowledge? It is that the Lord has accomplished already many great works; He is full of deep thoughts; He anoints and exalts us; He makes us flourish like mighty trees of a forest; He gives us fruit in our old age; He is our rock and there is no unrighteousness in Him. Hmmm. . . I turn 57 this month. I am already considered by some to be a senior citizen. I guess I am on the doorstep of old age. But He will cause me to bear fruit. I wonder how much longer I have to live. Lord because of Your great works, cause me to bear much fruit in my old age. Glorify Yourself in the works of Your hands in my old age! I triumph in the works of Your hands. Indeed we serve a glorious King! Speak His glory to someone today!
--Pastor John

No comments:

Post a Comment